Commercial Diving Services Pty Ltd is delighted to announce that they were awarded 1st Prize at the Lloyd’s List Asia Awards in the category of ACHIEVEMENT IN ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION. This award honours Commercial Diving Services for their dedication and commitment to environmental protection in the Asian maritime arena through their technical innovation in developing Hull Surface Treatment (HST) technology.
Held in Singapore at the Marina Mandarin Hotel on Thursday night 29 October, 2009 their innovative development of Hull Surface Treatment (HST) technology impressed a world class judging panel.
The award was accepted by Mr. Keith Johnson, Managing Director of Commercial Diving Services and inventor of HST, along with son Tim.
Hull Surface Treatment (HST) technology is a world class system designed to keep the underwater surface of commercial shipping free of fouling such as slime, algae and weed… effectively reducing fuel oil consumption, green-house gas emissions and biological invasion by imported marine pests. The system is environmentally friendly and does not require diver intervention. Hull Surface Treatment (HST) technology is an Australian innovation.
This most recent award is the 7th received by Commercial Diving Services in the past 18 months and underpins the importance of this outstanding technology in the Maritime Industry.
Based in Wollongong, New South Wales… Commercial Diving Services is taking environmentally sustainable innovation into the 21 Century… offering positive outcomes for the environment and the maritime industry.
- Mr Arthur Bowring – Managing Director Hong Kong Shipowners Association
- Mr. David Chin – Executive Director Singapore Maritime Foundation
- Mr. Marcus Hand – Associate Editor Asia – Lloyd’s List and Chairman of Judging Panel
- Mr Nazery Khalid – Senior Fellow Maritime Institute of Malaysia
- Mr Oh King-Gyun – Chairman and CEO Korean Register of Shipping
- Mr. Tadashi Masuda – Executive Director Japan Association of Marine Safety
- Mr. Marlon Rono – Chief Operating Officer of the Magsaysay Maritime Corporation & President of Filipino Association of Mariners Employment
- Ms. Tan Beng Tee – Group Director International Maritime Centre – Maritime & Port Authority of Singapore
- Mr. Thomas Timlen – Asia Liaison Officer – BIMCO
- Mr. Tim Wilkins – Regional Manager Asia Pacific – INTERTANKO