In 2009 Commercial Diving Services Pty Ltd were nominated, and short-listed, for The Ocean Environmental Protection Award at the Sustainable Shipping Awards, London 2009. Again, Hull Surface Treatment (HST) technology has been judged and short-listed among four other finalists to be considered as the best and most innovative in their contribution to the reduction and prevention of pollution of the ocean by ships. Judged by a panel of international experts, this nomination truly underpins the significance of this technology. On 15th July 2009 Commercial Diving Services were runner-up at the Sustainable Shipping Awards held in London UK.
- Mr Niels Bjorn L. Mortensen – Head of the Marine Department – BIMCO
- Dr. Simon Walmsley – Environmental Biologist – World Wildlife Fund UK
- Mr. John Vidal – Environmental Editor – Guardian Newspaper UK
- Mr. Jean Otto De Kat – Senior Director – Innovation Department – A P Moeller-Maersk
- Mr. Vaughan Pomeroy – Technical Director – Lloyd’s Register
- Ms. Natalie Bruckner-Menchelli – Senior Editor – Sustainable Shipping